From:   Dean Mancina [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, September 21, 1999 4:54 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Computerized Appointment System for Tutorial Center

My campus has purchased TRACK-IT to monitor students working in labs.
Personally,
I'm very disappointed in it and DO NOT recommend it. It only tracks student
use
of a lab (and not very well) and getting reports out of it is inflexible at
best,
and nearly impossible from a practical standpoint.

I saw a wonderful program demonstrated at a community college in San
Francisco.
It is called STUDENT ATTENDANCE DATABASE FOR LEARNING CENTERS. Our college
is
committed to using TRACK-IT and not interested in changing.

Here is an excerpt from the information packet:

"It is an easy-to-use intuitive data collection, management, and budget
system
for college learning centers, tutoring centers, and computer labs. It keeps
track
of student usage of the tutorial center, etc. and time clock datea on tutor
and
staff. Prints a multitude of reports for students, tutors and staff, as
well as
payroll reports of paid workders. There are 39 types of reports!"

It is also customized for your college's / lab's needs by the author of the
program, and includes onsite training and support. Here is the information
on the
author of this program:

Jung Thomas
425 San Miguel Street
San Francisco, CA 94112

I hope this is helpful. -Dean Mancina, Golden West College, Huntington
Beach,
California

Cherry Barney wrote:

> I am looking for a computerized appointment system for a tutorial center.
> We schedule appointments for 80 plus tutors.  We try to tutor any subject
> in which a student has requested assistance.  Our appointments are
> scheduled in groups and on an individual basis.  Appointments are
generally
> scheduled on a permanent basis, although we need the capability to
schedule
> a one-time-only appointment.  Appointments can also be cancelled at any
time.