Hello Folks,

I apologize in advance to those of you who do not think this is
appropriate for our list.  This effort touched me so deeply I felt I had
to share it with all of you.

I have worked as a volunteer for Legacy International's Global Youth
Village for the last 20 summers and, having helped build the
organization, I know and trust it.

(alumni staff of Legacy's Global Youth Village,1999) has begun volunteer
efforts to work with youth  affected by the quake.  For obvious reasons,
relief efforts have been focussed on the necessities of life for all the
victims.  But Ebru has understood that for the young people affected by
this disaster, education _is_ a necessity.   She is working with a
handful of other volunteers to provide educational activities for the
children living in the tents.  Legacy is collecting funds that will be
used _solely_ to buy needed materials, bring  volunteers in to teach
these children, and to meet any other urgent needs.

Information about Legacy International is available on the website
(http://www.legacyintl.org) along with a report  (with pictures!) on the
preliminary steps of the project. I have received information that the
work has expanded considerably since the first web report. I am happy to
answer any questions at [log in to unmask]

Donations of any size will help and I would be very grateful if you
could pass this on to people or organizations you feel would be
interested.  Tax-deductable donations should be made to : Legacy
International/1020 Legacy Drive/Bedford, VA 24523.

Sincerely,

Laura Symons
Director Academic Resource Center
Sweet Briar College