At UNBC, we have standard pay for students: 8.50-10 for undergrads, 10-12
for a Masters student and 12-14 for a doctoral student. This, however, does
not stop competition because 'Teaching Assistantships' are prestigious and
SEEM to offer students a higher wage, so any tutoring candidate who gets a
TAship (even marking exams) is usually attracted away from the Centre unless
they decide to do both jobs.

Jim Bell
Coordinator, Learning Skills Centre
University of Northern BC