On our campus all student workers receive minimum wage.  This includes our
peer tutors.  We are advocating with our Board of Trustees to be allowed to
tie the CRLA certification levels to an increase in wages, but that has not
yet been approved.    We've used the same argument--as an educational
institution our policies should reflect the value that education pays off.
However, some still drag their feet insisting that "student" workers should
all be paid the same across campus, apparently whether they're unpacking
boxes in Campus Services or tutoring calculus. Obviously, I disagree.

As I said in an earlier post, our professional tutors are paid $9.45.  At
present we only have those two levels.

Becky E. Osborne, MA/LPC
Student Support Services Center
Danville Area Community College