first of all that is media hype. we do not have an arsenal to blow up the
up the world over. Much has been severely cut back to the point
that the military has been overworked and underpaid and spare parts are rare
and bombers are very old.hey even older than me-:)and i am a 37 year old
relic-:)
I feel both are equal priorities in a dangerous world with many nuclkear
powers like North Korea. Both education and bombers are of equal importance.
there are many other areas to cut such as welfare, foreign aide,
perks of politicians etc so that students do not have to sit in "tin cans" and
can have the proper materials. Also business donations of computer equipment
and help from corporate America is also welcome for education.
sorry for the controversy but we need balance of the two. France

===== Original Message From Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
>It's really a matter of proportion and how that reveals our values.  When you
>have a nuclear arsenal large enough to blow up the world several times and
you
>have children crowded into tin box trailers for classrooms, you know you are
>living in a country that thrives on nurturing fear rather than nurturing
hope.

>Have a good weekend,
>
>Laura
>

>Prof Lorraine Lavorata wrote:
>
>> there should never be a choice between bombers and education for we need
both
>> equally. Remember they work hand in hand because we need education
>> to build bombs (especially science, math psychology, business and education
>> courses) All these are needed to understand military operations and to
build
>> and keep national security.
>>
>> Also we need to build bombers to protect our national security so that in
case
>> of a problem we can protect the future of our children so they can become
>> educators. So bombers and education are like bread and butter.
>> You need them both equally and they need to work together.France

Je pense, donc, je suis, Rene Descarte
Chacun ont deux pays et un de ils est France, Benjamin Franklin
vive la France