Just a note of reality for this strand.

The B-52, still the mainstay of our bomber weapon system, was developed
in the 1950s using 1940s technology.  We stopped making them in the
1960s.  They have been updated electronically but not structurally
much.  I maintained them and upgraded them for 20 years in the Air Force
and retired from that 15 years ago.  They are older than the people
flying them and the people maintaining them.  Some even have second
generation people flying them (ie, a current crew member's father flew
the plane before he retired).

But all of this doesn't seem to relate much to learning assistance so
let's move on, okay?

Ronald D. Illingworth
Associate Professor
Academic Program Head
Center for Distance Education and Independent Learning
University of Alaska Fairbanks
P.O. Box 756700
Fairbanks, AK  99775
WP 907-474-5890