Some of the colleges I teach at (i am an adjunct) require students to take
remedial writing if they are not up to part. Assessments are done via high
school records for admission and possibly may be asked to take a test on
writing.
Also some of the colleges require certain core liberal arts credits which may
include humanities courses which require lots of writing. students may be
assessed by tests, papers and group written and individual written projects. i
hope this helps. France

===== Original Message From Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
>Please let me know also as we are in the same condition.  thanks
>Helen Sabin
>
>Laura Symons wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm hoping you can help me out.  This is the year for our college to be
>> reviewed for accreditdation and there's a big push everywhere on campus
>> for assessment.  I need to find out what other colleges and universities
>> do to assess writing, especially those who have been recently reviewed by
>> their accrediting associations and those who have interdisciplinary
>> general education requirements (e.g. students here are required to take
>> "writing intensive courses throughout their four years.)If you know what
>> is done at your campus, or if you know who I could talk with about it,
>> please contact me off-list .

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Laura Symons

Je pense, donc, je suis, Rene Descarte
Chacun ont deux pays et un de ils est France, Benjamin Franklin
vive la France