Gary Probst replied:

This has never been a problem for us since we hired a qualified person.
Most colleges I know of network all of their CAI.   A computer network
engineer, CNE,  starting salary usually is over 50k -60k.  The problem is
most colleges will not pay this salary for a learning lab.   In the future
you probably will receive all of your CAI over the Internet.  This has
already happened with some business software applications.