Apropos of the current discussion on Writing Centers and Writing Across the
Curriculum, you may want to note that Dr. Brad Hughes (University of
Wisconsin at Madison), a highly regarded writing professional, will be
presenting at Winter Institute 2000 in Tucson, January 3-7. Specifically,
Brad will be addressing the relationship between learning support centers
and writing programs.

WI 2000:  January 3 -7, 2000.  The Twenty First Institute for Post Secondary
Learning Assistance Professionals (WI '99), Tucson, AZ.  Co-sponsored by the
University of Arizona and Maricopa County Community College District, the
Institute focuses on Programs and Services of Learning Support Centers in
Higher Education.  Institute details available at
<http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/winterinstitute/> or contact Sylvia Mioduski,
Director University  Learning Center P.O. Box 210021 -- Old Main 202
University of Arizona Tucson, AZ  85721-0021
(520) 621-9363 (voice)  (520) 621-5015 (FAX)  email: [log in to unmask]

If you want more information, browse the WI web site at
http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/winterinstitute/

    Collegially................
[log in to unmask]        "...what we need at this point in human
Frank L Christ                   evolution is to learn what it takes to
learn
Emeritus, CSULB              what we should learn -- and learn it."
Visiting Scholar, U of AZ    ... Aurelius Peccei, Pres/Club of Rome
LSC & WI Web site:    http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/winterinstitute/