At HCC we have three rates of pay for tutors: peer $7.10; master (AA degree) $9.25; and professional (BA or higher) $11.40.

>>> David Cunningham <[log in to unmask]> 10/20/99 02:34PM >>>
At our Tutoring Center, we employ both student (peer) tutors and professional tutors.  Currently, our professional tutors, who are required to have at least a bachelor's degree in the subject they are tutoring, are paid $7.00/hour.  We are considering increasing this rate.  I am interested in knowing what other colleges and universities are paying their professional tutors so I can assist our Human Resources office in determining what an appropriate new rate might be.  Any information you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks --

David Cunningham
Coordinator of Tutoring
Pennsylvania College of Technology