From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 12:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Neuropathy after chemo

Comrades,

I just returned from visiting my favorite cousin, who has recently had a
series of five Taxol + carboplatin infusions for lung cancer. He's got
pretty
severe peripheral neuropathy in his hands and feet, and hasn't gotten much
of
an indication from his oncologist (one of the paternalistic,
non-communicative ones, I'm afraid) re what to expect. Anyone have any
experiences to share about these drugs, and whether and when the sensation
returns to the extremities after being treated with them?

Thanks, as always. I'll be thinking of all of you this Thanksgiving.
-- Seattle Alice