Mike,
I am glad to answer your questions.  See below.
Nancy Kosmicke
Tutorial Training Coordinator
Academic Services
Mesa State College

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Mike Giazzoni [ x3885 ] wrote:

> I am interested in identifying schools which offer a
> TUTOR TRAINING credit based course?
   * Mesa State College in Grand Junction, Colorado>

> For schools that do offer such a course,
>         1)  How many credits is the course?
                  * Our course is a 200 level 3 credit hour course
>         2)  Do you have any formal tutor certification related to the
> course?
              * Yes, students who complete the course earn CRLA Level I
                certification.
>         3)  Who is eligible to take the course?
               * Students who meet our tutor requirements of faculty
                 recommendation; A or B in the course/courses they will
                 tutor and a GPA of 2.5 or above. >
          4)  Who teaches the course?
              * The Director of Academic Services and I (Tutorial Training
                Coordinator) do.

>         5)  What department is the course offered from?
>               It is offered through our department, Academic Services.
                The course is SUPP 201-Theory and Practice of Peer
                Tutoring.  We have taught it every semester since the spring of 1993.  I
                would be glad to send you our syllabus.  We have done presentations at
                state and national conferences on our successful tutor training course for
                credit.   >
__________________________________ > Michael Giazzoni > Point Park College