Back in the mid-80s, I was putting together a small computer lab for a
reading lab.  I happened across a program that isolated a word and then
expanded to include a wider range of vision as a means to help students
improve reading comprehension and reading speed.  I have forgotten the
name of that program -- which is probably good since it was not as
interactive as I would have liked -- but was wondering if anyone on the
list knew of a program similar to it.  There are a number of developmental
students and LD students who read one word at a time and loose continuity,
detail and any inferences from their reading.

Any ideas?

Jim Valkenburg    [log in to unmask]
Director, Teaching/Learning Center, Delta College
University Center, MI 48710-0002
(517) 686-9034  FAX (517) 686-4131