I am retiring in June 2000 and the position of Director of the Learning
Center is open.

UC Riverside is the fastest growing campus in the UC system.  We have
11,600 students and are slated to grow to 20,000 within the next ten years.

Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

The Learning Center director is responsible for the development,
admininstration, and assessment of academic support services for the
campus.  Programs include tutoring, peer counseling, math diagnostic
testing, math and science study groups, science adjunct courses, study
skills techniques, ESL classes, summer academic preparation courses,
reading technique classes, CAMP-NSF, graduate and professional school
entrance exam preparation and assistance to students on probation.
Overseeing a staff of 19 FTE and 150 student assistants, the director is
responsible for selecting, training and evaluating employee performance.
The director has fiscal and accounting responsibility for an annual budget
of nearly $900,000.

Ph.D in related discipline preferred.

Details available on the following website:
http://human resources.ucr.edu/Jobs/Bulletin
Sarah Wall
Interim Director
Learning Center