A person with a teaching degree without certification is certainly limited
in what they can do. I would like to share a student "can do" perspective
from BLIND, Inc., a Minneapolis training school.  Valerie is a totally blind
biology teacher who has not let her disability limit her or distract her
from her goals.  You can access her page at:
http://www.blindinc.org/students/

Laura DeMarais
Director, Reading and Study Skills
University of St. Thomas
St. Paul, MN

->>> Nancy Smith <[log in to unmask]> 11/29 5:28 PM >>>
I am writing in behalf of a student with cerebral palsy.  She has a
motorized chair for mobility and uses crutches when necessary.  She has
limited peripheral vision.  She has progressed through our elementary
education program to the place where she is trying to meet the academic
standards this semester to student teach.

She is in the field one day a week this semester and has found it very
taxing.  She is trying to  decide to go for the education degree without
certification.  Her mother believes she needs the certification to be
employable.  The mother wants to know if any schools have placed a student
teacher in the field and how it was accomplished.

If you have insights or suggestions, I would appreciate hearing your wisdom
and experience.  Thank you.

Nancy I. Smith, Director
Student Support Services
Geneva College