Good morning all,

        I've been mulling this string over for days now, as have many
others.  One important note is that our children did not invent the games
of violence being foisted upon them.  Neither did they invent the social
atmosphere of fear and loathing that precipitates the rage and violence
they evidence.  The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the adults who
extol the virtues of militarism but deny responsibility for the violence
that engenders, of those who preach the value of patriotism at any cost
but fail to recognize the turf of the gang as an extention of that idea,
who have generated the most armed society ever found on the face of the
planet and question how the children ever got their ideas about the useful
of weapons to solve their problems.

Jim

Jim Valkenburg    [log in to unmask]
Delta College