We have an Acceptable Use Guidelines:
http://venus.atlantic.edu/smiller/acctuse.html

Hope this helps,
Sandie Miller,
Director of Academic Support Services, ACEC

At 12:02 PM 11/03/1999 -0500, Debbie Carley wrote:
>We ask all users of Learning Center services to participate in a brief
orientation, depending on the services they wil use.  This orientation
includes a tour of our very crowded center, and we point out how close
tables and computers are to each other
>and related noise concerns.  In our computer lab, we also talk about
appropriate uses for those computers and activities which may be
inappropriate or offensive to other users.  Finally, we talk about the need
to respect other students who are making
>their academics a priority.  (No, I'm not Catholic but there was plenty of
guilt to go around!)

>If we have a student who is too noisy or inappropriate, we simply ask them
to be mindful of other students nearby and remind them that our computer
lab is for academic use only.

>Judy Livingston wrote:
>
>> Do any of you have a "Code of Conduct" designed for your learning
assistance centers that you would like to share?  We are working on this
here--interesting that the discussion on student behavior should come up at
the time we are considering this.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Judy Livingston
>> Maple Woods Community College
>> Kansas City, MO

"The illiterate of the year 2000 will not be the individual who cannot read
and write, but the one who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn."
                Alvin Toffler