I manage a computer lab as part of our Learning Assistance Center.  Students
seem to be more persistent this year than in the past about downloading
programs from the Internet.  When my staff delete the programs, students
just download them again within a few days.

Especially "irksome" is AOL and Yahoo Instant Messenger. These handy little
programs allow one to work on a computer and be notified immediately if a
"cyber friend" has logged on and is available for a conversation.  Our
technicians tell us that having students download programs from the Internet
can cause problems because they can change the standards of the setup on the
PC's.

Does anyone else have problems with students downloading "stuff" to lab
PC's?  Has anyone successfully remedied this problem?  Thanks, in advance,
for your help.

Julie Jensen
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Phone:  308-398-7481