If I only had $1800 to spend on software for tutorials, it would be on
SKillsbank or Learning Plus. Learning Plus is a little higher on the skills
level, but both are good for Dev. Studies or even single skills remediation
for on level students.  Daedalus is a good package for the classroom or the
writing lab, if monitored by an instructor.