Guillermo Uribe wrote:

> I thought attachments were encoded like that only when messages were
> digested.  I'm looking to find out if this is true.  If the server always
> encodes attachments, I would strongly suggest following Daryl's directions as
> much as possible.

Here's a test we can run.  I've attached a plain text document called
"Test.txt" to this message.  I would have sent it to Guillermo directly, but
that doesn't usually present a problem.  The text of the document reads:
"This is a test file just in text.  Let's see if it gets attached."

Now let's see if it works.  If a plain text document doesn't open up for us
correctly, nothing will.

Daryl Stephens  <[log in to unmask]>
Assistant Professor (math)
Division of Developmental Studies
East Tennessee State University
Box 70620, Johnson City, TN 37614
Office phone (423) 439-4676   Fax:  (423) 439-7446