    Unfortunately, we have had little success with promoting faculty development,
and I attribute that PARTLY to the fact I do not yet have my doctorate.  I'm
hoping that when I finish my degree, we can change our title to the Teaching and
Learning Center.
    What I have been able to do so far includes a workshop on learning styles
(sponsored by the Assoc Dean's office, not the LC), round table discussions with
the peer tutors, and a Writing Across the Curriculum discussion at which WAC award
winning students discussed their writing processes.  A few faculty have made
presentations to the tutors, and I'm convinced they leave as informed about the LC
as we become informed about their teaching.
    I am a staff member.  I wonder if Centers led by faculty members are more
successful at faculty development.