In a message dated 11/16/99 8:57:19 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
     I am a staff member.  I wonder if Centers led by faculty members are more
 successful at faculty development. >>

I forgot to mention, that I am leading faculty development at my college.
Faculty members have nothing but praise for the efforts. I also learned the
hard way that an "outside expert" can get chewed up by the faculty for making
the mistake of coming in and assuming the faculty know nothing. In the
workshops that I sponsor, I involve the faculty in a sharing process that
allows them to learn from each other. They respect this process because it
recognizes that they have accumulated experience and "wisdom" to share.

Richard Damashek
Director of the Learning Assistance Center
Calumet College of St. Joseph
2400 New York Avenue
Whiting, IN 46394
219 473-4273