Our Learning Center conducts all the placement testing for newly matriculated students.
We test students in four areas: math, reading, writing and study skills.  Students receive
their scores immediately and those who receive even one low score are advised individually
at that time.  Scores are forwarded to Department Heads to assist them in placing students
in courses.  Taking on a project of this scale is a big undertaking and I suggest you get
together a group of colleagues from Admissions, Faculty and perhaps Student Affairs to set
up procedures and policies.  Our process is quite labor intensive and generates a lot of
paperwork and Excel data entry, so we hire a student intern to assist us.  If I can be of
further assistance, you can call me at (603) 271-7721.
    Debbie Carley