As a college teacher with CP, let me try and shed some light on this.
She can go for her EdD which is a doctorate of education and still use her
M.Ed, (masters of education) and then go on to teach college. For people with
neurological disabilities, teaching college is better because we can be
experts in our field and not be taxed by motor skills and perceptual
limitations. Also college students are always willing to assist a disabled
professor. That is my experience and I think this advice may help her greatly.
France

===== Original Message From Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
>I am writing in behalf of a student with cerebral palsy.  She has a
>motorized chair for mobility and uses crutches when necessary.  She has
>limited peripheral vision.  She has progressed through our elementary
>education program to the place where she is trying to meet the academic
>standards this semester to student teach.
>
>She is in the field one day a week this semester and has found it very
>taxing.  She is trying to  decide to go for the education degree without
>certification.  Her mother believes she needs the certification to be
>employable.  The mother wants to know if any schools have placed a student
>teacher in the field and how it was accomplished.
>
>If you have insights or suggestions, I would appreciate hearing your wisdom
>and experience.  Thank you.
>
>Nancy I. Smith, Director
>Student Support Services
>Geneva College
>3200 College Avenue
>Beaver Falls, PA 15010
>
>724-847-5566
>724-847-6991 (FAX)

Je pense, donc, je suis, Rene Descarte
Chacun ont deux pays et un de ils est France, Benjamin Franklin
vive la France