Might as well add my two cents:

    I teach or have taught at all levels of the curriculum -- from
developmental to senior level classes.  I tell my students on the first day of
class that I will not tolerate inappropriate behaviors or disrespect for any
member of the class.  I suggest that anyone who cannot live with that dictate
leave the class and get their money back.
Tardiness costs five points on the next quiz.  Repeated tardiness means
removal from the class -- administrative withdrawal.  I deal with any
disruptions immediately and have had students removed from the class.  Of
course being 6'5" may have some bearing on what the students choose to do in
my class.  But most of my student evaluations have been positive.

    I must also add that while the previous paragraph makes it sound as if I'm
a tyrant in the classroom, my primary goal is to get the studetns in my class
to learn.  I am a ham -- I sing, I dance, I crawl on the floor, if necessary,
to get the point of my lecture across to the students.  AND I offer my
students the same respect that I expect from them.

Jim