Prof Lorraine Lavorata wrote:

>  call me old fashioned and silly but if young people
> listened to music like Duran Duran and watched old fashioned romantic
> comedies, studied the culture of France, were a bit more conservative, stayed
> way from drugs and alcohol, were a bit more spiritual, abstained from young
> sex and other such behaviors and just studied, maybe they would be better
> students.

But doesn't this ideology reflect the mindset that led to the '68 riots in France?

Students behaving like we do doesn't necessarily make them better students; it
makes them more like us, and therefore easier to teach, because they share our
belief and behavior systems.

Kurt Bouman
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown