At UNH at Manchester, we have a College Transition Program through which students who
do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate (in various ways) that they are
capable of college level work can be admitted.  Students who are admitted to CTP MUST
take our advice re: placement in developmental courses if the placement tests
indicate it.  Regardless of how many developmental level courses (we have only 2)
they test into, CTP students are limited DURING THE FIRST SEMESTER to taking two
classes.  If they do well the first semester (at least B in 2 courses), they are
usually allowed to take 3 courses, which at UNHM is considered full-time.  Our
courses are 4-credit courses.  Students who took only non-credit developmental
courses the first semester -- even if they earn B's -- are probably not going to be
permitted to take a 3rd course.