We ask all users of Learning Center services to participate in a brief orientation, depending on the services they wil use.  This orientation includes a tour of our very crowded center, and we point out how close tables and computers are to each other
and related noise concerns.  In our computer lab, we also talk about appropriate uses for those computers and activities which may be inappropriate or offensive to other users.  Finally, we talk about the need to respect other students who are making
their academics a priority.  (No, I'm not Catholic but there was plenty of guilt to go around!)

If we have a student who is too noisy or inappropriate, we simply ask them to be mindful of other students nearby and remind them that our computer lab is for academic use only.