Our Writing Center is part of the Learning and Career Center.  It is staffed
primarily by faculty, both full time and adjunct, and a few outstanding peer
tutors.  Students make appointments in 1/2 hour increments to receive assistance
in planning, revising and editing writing assignments for any subject, including
lab reports, narratives, essays and research papers.  We subscribe to the
Writing Lab Newsletter and have copies of the college literary digest, writing
and documentation handbooks, and handouts on grammar and usage.  Tutors enter
usage into a computerized spreadsheet that can be searched by student name,
course number, and topic discussed as well as date and time.  To publicize the
Writing Center, we visit every composition class early in the semester with a 20
minute presentation that highlights why and how to use the Writing Center and
touches briefly on other Learning Center programs and services.
Debbie Carley, Director
Learning and Career Center
NH Technical Institute