Hi, everyone,
    The CRLA conference last week was great!  I am in the position of
proposing the development of a Learning Center on our campus which,
hopefully, would become active next fall.
    At the conference I learned about many software packages for
tutorials, assessments, etc.  However, there was no information on the
cost of these various tools.  If any of you are using any of the
following, and would be willing to tell me their approximate cost and
vendor name/address, it would be very helpful.  Also, if you are using a
program other than those listed, and find it effective, please refer
that one to me.
        Skillsbank, Learning Plus, Passkey, Student Behavior Inventory,
SpeedReader, EDL Quantum, Common Space, University of Indiana series on
reading, DRP (Degress of Learning Power), LSI (Learning Styles
Inventory), Nelson-Denny, ASSET.  (I might not have gotten all the names
right.  I was writing as fast as I could!)
        We are developing a proposed budget for the LC within the next
week or so (which I just learned about 10 minutes ago! - typical!) and
this information would give me at least some idea of what to propose.
You don't have to be exact - just in the ballpark!
        Thanks so much!
                Maria McKinney