The best education my children had was in New York! It is time that all
high schools have "regent exams."  There have been too many students
passed upward without having the ability to read and write.  I have a
student who graduated 10th in her school and she is in my remedial
reading clases at community college level.  she is "furious" that she
has to be in this class and does not understand that her high school
achievement level is way below that of other schools.  Let's us as
educators push for a national "regent" exam and we will start having
literate children!
Helen Sabin