Here are the responses I've had from wcenter:

I will add to Janice's suggestion. At the NCPTW conference last
weekend, one of the handouts on the info exchange table was the
instructions for subscribing to the WRITINGC listserve, which is
specifically to promote discussion for and among peer writing tutors.
It says:

To Subscribe:

Send a message to :

Leave the subject line blank

In the body of the message, type:

subscribe writingc yourfirstname  yourlastname

Direct any questions to:

>There is a listserv for peer tutors, and I know that some of the tutors
>have been discussing this issue among themselves recently.  I think one
>subscribes to the listserv by sendinga message to
>[log in to unmask], and then put subscribe in the message.
>
>Janice
>
>Janice Chernekoff
>Lytle Hall 130B
>Kutztown University